Hi Mark,

I have been using Paradox since version 1.0 for DOS (wow!) and, I'm sad
to say, I feel that its days are definitely numbered.  It is still great
for small apps, but you start to pile some serious data in there and
giving multiple users access (ok, so maybe above 10), and things get a
bit strained.

In addition, there seems to be an increasing resistance to using the
BDE, possibly related to the extra 4.5MB it adds to the size of the
installation set.

Even though Interbase is free now, there are some things I personally
don't like about it - such as the enforced uppercase (although I do
realise that there are ways around that).  I don't know what it is like
in large data/user environments yet, but I think it's got to be better
than using Paradox tables.

All said and done, and I think that your best bet is to leave it in
Paradox until it becomes too difficult to maintain.  In the meantime,
you might want to consider experimenting with implementations in
Interbase or ADO (I won't use ADO simply 'cos it's M$).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bevan

--
Bevan Edwards                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Achieve Software Limited                http://www.achieve.co.nz