> Good to see a bit of late afternoon bigotry

:)

> Interbase is prob a good choice when it brings out replication (though
that
> wont be free)
> MS SQL Supports 'merge replication' though it is not free either but they
> are probably the best
> 'out of the box' solutions

the IB replication thing is out, but it aint free, and its not going to be.
I dont recall the URL for it, tho, but its done by a South African crowd
(synergenix?) interbase2000.org should have it.

> Have a play with the ADO Shape Provider - This will actually work with any
> ODBC capable database - it means you
> can create heriachal datasets (grandparent -> child -> grandchild etc) and
> export them to XML and email them arround!
> Very little work

ADO's data shaping is LOTS of fun. Had aplay when it first came out (even
did some training with it). Its nice, and worth a look, IMO - tho I think
you need MSSQL 7 to get it...