> Even though Interbase is free now, there are some things I personally
> don't like about it - such as the enforced uppercase (although I do
> realise that there are ways around that).  I don't know what it is like
> in large data/user environments yet, but I think it's got to be better
> than using Paradox tables.

forced uppercase? Of table names? the DB stores them internally as
uppercase, but:

select * from table

is the same as

SeLeCt * fRoM tAbLe

SQL is not case sensative. :)

As for large - define large :) depends on the load, but under fairly decient
load it can handle 20-40 users.... if the app is designed in a way that
allows it to work well (no TTables, for exmaple)