> RAD environment maybe not...but when you see something that is more or
less
> a clone of Delphi...

yup, they had the language the same as Delphi 1.0 last time I looked.

> I mean from the screen dumps, the source code is practically identical
even
> to having the component names the same etc.

well, what else ya gonna call a button?
TWidgetThingThatsClickedOnAndLooksLikeAButton ;-)

> Is OP proprietary or not, can they make their own compiler for the
language?

Nope, OP is an Apple thing, tho I think Borland have extended it a fair bit.
I doubt we can (C) or (P) the syntax. Not that I'm an IP lawyer or
anything....

> I guess there is a question of whether they copied component source code
> make their components.

well, if they leave the external interfaces the same, and write their own
code underneath, its legal, AFAIK - fair use and all that. Just the same as
the wine people using MS's SDK docs to rewrite the Win32API.

> Is there anything in the Delphi license that says it is not allowed to be
> used to create something that looks like Delphi, there is a condition like
> that in the BDE license i.e. cannot make a Paradox like application with
it.

yup, there always has been - you can't make a Delphi-like product in Delphi,
BUT AFAIK, freepascal compiles itself, and Delphi is not involved anywhere
in the mix.