ClientDataSet is in both the printed documentation and the online help of my (Pro)
version - so I assume it should be part of my version.

All I want to do is to use the simple flat file local database access/save capability
(ie NO BDE), which, while it used for the briefcase model of the three tier stuff,
should also be available for simple apps, single user, with minimal database
requirements.

What I'm really wanting to do is to kick butt with a joint venture project, where the
(VB) programmer is using the powerful & fancy Jet access engine stuff (with all its
system hooks, risks etc), when simple flat file local database would do for the simple
read-only data we need.   This program will be on hundreds of computers around the
country, and I want to minimise the footprint and impact on users systems - and the
risk of help/support calls, as I've had problems with Jet Access before.

If TClientDataSet is only available in the Enterprise version, does anyone have a
reccommended simple, easy third party database access component they've used and can
reccommend ?

TIA
Geoff