> Does anyone know what the GUID is based on ?  What I want to know i swill
it
> change when the video card is changed, mor memmory is added etc ...

When you say "the GUID" do you mean "a GUID generated on a particular
machine"?

According to Brockschmidt's book the non-random part is based on
time of day, date and MAC address.

And in fact if you look at the thing you get back from CoCreateGUID()
you will see it has the MAC address of your first NIC sitting in
bytes 2..7 (1-based)

[I have no idea what goes there if you don't have a NIC installed]

But once you create a GUID it is what it is.

It won't change even if you change your computer into a Macintosh
and run Linux on it.

-ns