I'm good for the package naming, include the JSF split, if we're going to
be cutting artifacts via the shade plugin (and we only get one repo so
everything has to be done in one place) that will make it much easier. Also
it will help users know what they're using when the send in bug reports. If
they're JSF2 stuff in a JSF12 project that'll be much easier to spot.

If we don't have an api package then I certainly want to see "internal" (I
like seeing that in the package better than impl, imo it means more and it
certainly signifies to me that those classes are off limits for usage by
the user). I'd like to see SPI though, I think we'll need that and it more
clearly demarcates for extension writers what they should be using.
Anything we can do to make things easier for users w/o having to explicitly
write globs of documentation to explain something (in other words making
things self documented) is a huge plus in my book.

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer