Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

On Monday 21 June 2004 19:01, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Gump?? Sorry, how on earth did you manage to get a "Continuous
Integration System" to be part of a 'Jar Hell' solution?

The Gump Metadata is a rich source of dependencies. Stephen AFAIK is
investigating in this too.

How are you going to rely on Gump for 3rd party projects, who have no interest in having their own Gump setup, but for sure want to harness the power we are all striving for.

Gump metadata != Gump being setup.

Gump meta-data is insufficient.

In order to create a functionally sufficient expression of path information you would need 6 separate gump project descriptors per project:

   build
   test
   runtime-api
   runtime-spi
   runtime-impl
   runtime-composite

I.e. gump is very focused on the pure compile scenarios and does not deal with the realities of test and runtime environments that load plugins dynamically.

Cheers, Steve.