I apologize for the radio silence on this topic. I have been on the road and unable to address these concerns. Today I will put some effort into beefing up the comments in DerbyJUnitTest and handling the swallowed exceptions.

I agree that we need a primer for writing JUnit tests. I can mock up such a document and we can collectively polish it. I would like to start out with something small. I believe that other people are working on a larger JUnit framework and I would like their help in building up this document.

Thanks for your patience,
-Rick

David W. Van Couvering wrote:

I agree with you that is disconcerting, but can't JUnit tests be written that extend DerbyJUnitTest in parallel with getting DerbyJUnitTest cleaned up to everyone's satisfaction?

BTW, if you don't like the rampant catching and ignoring, is anything preventing you from going in and fixing it? :) I suppose we need to hear from Rick about his feelings around this before we go and reverse his changes...

David

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

I would like my concerns to be cleared up before too many tests use the
current Junit facility. The rampant catching and ignoring of
SQLExceptions is not good.

Dan.