Kristian Waagan wrote:

2) Should we support setting up a shared test fixture for a set of tests?

This is a common issue with JUnit, and there are mechanisms to handle it. For instance, we could let tests that require this to wrap itself in a TestSetup instance (as described in the JUNit FAQ). Letting DerbyJUnitTest extend TestSetup is another solution, but it might have unwanted side-effects.

Hi Kristian,

I'm afraid I don't understand the issues here. I suspect your JUnit experience is much deeper than mine. What is the advantage to having DerbyJUnitTest extend TestSetup vs TestCase? It's hard to tell from the FAQ. TestCase provides setup() and teardown() brackets like TestSetup. In addition, TestCase provides the assertion machinery. What unwanted side-effects do you have in mind?