Hi  there,

I'm Kiran Sarvabhotla , an MS student from International Institute of
Information Technology Hyderabad, India.
I'm glad to hear that Apache Derby has been accepted as a mentor
organization for this year's GSOC.

Kathey Marsden:

I heard about Gsoc from one of my old batch-mates ( Mr Ravinder Reddy
,participated in Gsoc-07)  whose project  titled as "Implementing
Speculative locking protocol for Apache derby" I am going to continue this
year.
He advised me to take part in Gsoc as it will give me a great opportunity to
work with a large fraction of the derby code and interact with large
community.

I have a decent amount of experience working with databases and  testing
with junit.

any advice before I jump on to the task.?

Thank you

--
kiran