Thanks for your reply, Kathey. I'm more confident now. I have written a
initial version of application just now, and will perfect it in the next
days. Also welcome your advice and comments on my application before the
deadline.

And, some developers have given their comments on my patch, but I'm not free
in week days. I will pick up my work in weekend. I'm not sure whether it's
proper to delay until then.

Thanks!

Good Luck

Yun
2009/3/30 Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>

> 4. I'm interested in both 'derby-testandfix ' and
> 'derby-dblook-authorization', and the latter can also be considered as a
> form of 'fix'. I want to apply  for ''derby-dblook-authorization'', does my
>  existing  work support my application on it ?

Yes, even though you have been doing work outside of dblook, just setting up
your environment and getting started submitting patches is a significant
achievement and will help show you are up to the dblook task.

 5. Is it proper for me to submit my application now ? Or is there still
> anything else I need do before apply?

Yes, please get it in.  Mentors have a chance to make comments in the tool
before ranking begins, but if you are right up against the deadline, we
might not have a chance.