Lukas Eder <lukas.e...@gmail.com> writes:

> But why not? How much work do you estimate this is?

Great :)

It seems to me the simple case is a special case of the searched case
(although I haven't penetrated the standard on this yet). If that holds,
it should be a fairly minor project: additions to the parser to
transform it into an equivalent search case form (abstract syntax tree),
adding tests, documentation. Just producing a code patch is fine, too,
but it probably wouldn't get committed till someone else had time to
produce relevant tests.

If you'd like to have a go, have a look at the parser in

<derby src root>/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/compile/sqlgrammar.jj

located at (subversion):

svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk

See also

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForNewDevelopers#Check_Out.2C_Build_the_Code_and_run_the_Tests