Hi Nik, all,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Nik <n...@tdf.nikashsingh.com> wrote:
> [...]
> I hope this gets interpreted as helpful feedback and not b!tching/lecturing.
> I'm just genuinely concerned about what we put out for the public to see.
> And a lot of people might see these.
> Sorry if I came across rude; no sleep.
> And sorry Ron, I'm not having a go at you, it's just a touchy matter?

+1 to your whole email. I hate to say this, but I could create that
saturated gel effect in Photoshop in 10 seconds (IIRC, it's one of the
default presets available for instant use); using such 'stock' effects
for banners would speak ill of LibreOffice's quality; we need
something more sophisticated if we are to be credible.

The same (+1) goes for Bernhard's point about interpreting apparent
lack of replies. I was going to reply to this email, but I realized
that in order for my reply to be constructive, it would necessarily
have to be long to explain things sufficiently and I just didn't have
the time.

Thank you both for raising these points so clearly, and I hope we can
all work together to iterate the banner design to something we can all
be proud of.

Regards,
Ivan.