2011/3/7 Christoph Noack <christ...@dogmatux.com>:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> thanks for this effort - although you know that everybody on a mailing
> list might have a different position concerning these things ;-) On the
> other hand, it's truly great that somebody started to collect ideas for
> that!
>
> Unfortunately, I miss some time to discuss this at the moment :-\ Only
> one questions - I've read on your page that the "Something similar was
> started for Impress under the Renaissance project, but it seems it went
> nowhere." From what I can see, most of the pages are actively
> maintained, e.g.:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Better_Defaults_General
>
> Another thing that might be helpful to know. If we have to decide
> whether items (e.g. toolbar icons) should be available per default, then
> we will (sooner or later) require serious usage data for that. At the
> moment, we miss the updates by the "OpenOffice.org User Feedback
> Program" [1]. So, if anybody sees the chance to work on that ... that
> would be great.

Sure. In fact, I'd said that there are no simple answers for the
toolbar icons questions ;)
But the autocorrect options I think is a more important issue:
specially "Apply numbering - symbol" and
"Apply border": they generate very irritated reaction from users
(phrases like "I would like to know if there is a way to disable the
irritating auto numbering and auto format functions" or "I want to
completely disable the automatic numbering or bulleting of lists. They
drive me crazy, and I would rather do any such by myself, my own
way"... these and other appears quite often on the Community forums)
Cheers,
Ricardo