There is one thing that it is strange about page styles when you edit
them, specially for new users: it is possible to decide if a
particular page style have or not headers or footers... but you cannot
decide about the *content* of those headers or footers. That content
must be applied directly on the header/footer.
That's not consistent with the style concept, so I'm thinking about
something that could be less confusing for new users: a button that
opens the heather (footer) "editor".
I'm not a good "mock-upper" (if such a word exists) but I hope that
the idea is clear from this image:
https://sites.google.com/site/rgbmldcwriterideas/page-style.png?attredirects=0
Opinions?
Cheers