Hi Ricardo, all!

Am Mittwoch, den 27.04.2011, 16:33 +0200 schrieb RGB ES:
> 2011/4/27 Rafael Rocha Daud <rwr...@yahoo.com.br>:
> > I think the advantage on Ricardo's idea is that you create a header/footer
> > that comes to existence already filled with some content. It helps to
> > visualize what you just created and find it for later ammendments and
> > changes, and, like he said, you get to understand more clearly what a
> > header/footer is: not a footnote, which is different for each page, but a
> > consistent and permanent style thing added to that particular page style.
> > Cheers,
> > Rafael./
> >

> Exactly, that's the idea.

I just briefly scanned the mails this morning and I think someone
already mentioned that pre-filled content is already available when
using templates properly ... so the problem is still who designs such
header / footer, or how can they get added to the ODF?

So, during the day, I thought about different concepts and I remembered,
that the "Insert - Header/Footer" stuff has been added some time ago,
since people haven't been able to locate where to enable headers/footers
(usability problem). Still, I perceive this menu very unusable ...

So, I quickly drafted something being nothing more than an idea ... have
a look, please:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FRGMVu4Yd9Wftea2VHcTzQ?feat=directlink

The message: "Be visual, let people add pre-defined snippets quickly."

The core idea: provide pre-defined headers/footers to "fill" the
header/footer by using the functionality we already have. The list may
contain (and should group): styles delivered with LibreOffice, added by
e.g. the company you work for, the header/footer within the current
document, ...

Cheers,
Christoph