On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 00:48 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2011-05-16 16:24, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
> > Hi Jean, *
> >
> > Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:
> >> Thanks, Bernhard, for moving this request to the proper list.
> >>
> >> What is the Motif you mention? I am not familiar with this term.
> >>
> > It's a graphical element we want to be used in LibreOffice branding:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Motif
> >
> > It can be used in parts or as a whole and fits quite well with other
> > design ideas - keeping the general "language" of our branding.
> >
> > There are already some use cases on our "Existing designs" page:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Existing_Designs#Distribution
> >
> > Even if we need to define better what should be an official design (and
> > I'd like to see the LibO documentation be part of this), you might get
> > an impression what is possible with the motif.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Bernhard
> >

> IMO, we should consider the motif a very important part of our branding
> tools giving it as much importance as the LibreOffice icon. We could
> perhaps give guidelines as to white space suggested around the scatter
> so that we are all using it with a certain amount of consistency.

+1
I would certainly appreciate some guidance on this. Would also be nice
for some graphic artist to design a book cover for the user guides. My
own efforts are typically a bit... amateurish. Although I'm sure people
don't buy the books for their cover, a more professional look certainly
wouldn't hurt.

--Jean