On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 12:19 +0200, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> Hi Jean, all,
>
> Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:

> >> Bernhard, yes please, I would like you to try out a similar design for
> >> the user guides. Thank you!
> >>
> >> --Jean
> >>

> > I've just returned from 2+ weeks away, when I was not subscribed to this
> > list. Has anything further happened with my request for a cover design
> > for the user guides?
>
> unfortunately not :-(
>
> > [...]I realise you have more urgent items on your list, so if
> > you don't have time for this design job, just let me know. Thanks!
>
> I will start to convert my idea (based on the OpenSourcePress cover) in
> a SVG and then hope for the designers her to step in and improve it ;-)
>
> If someone else wants to start from the scratch, I would not be annoyed...

Ok - well, as usual - just to help prime the pump

A very simple start:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:GettingStartedGuideFrontCoverSimple.png

Note I dropped in a sub-title, in this case for Chapter 1. I did not use
a very high compression setting on the PNG file, as this is for an
example.

Jean had asked for a GIMP compatible file and the wiki will not
accept .xcf files, so wrapped that in a zip file, here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:GettingStartedGuideFrontCoverSimple.zip

As I say - it is quite simple.

Thanks

Drew