Hi Marc, *

Marc Paré schrieb:
Le 2011-05-16 16:24, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Jean, *

Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:
Thanks, Bernhard, for moving this request to the proper list.

What is the Motif you mention? I am not familiar with this term.

It's a graphical element we want to be used in LibreOffice branding:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Motif

It can be used in parts or as a whole and fits quite well with other
design ideas - keeping the general "language" of our branding.[....]

IMO, we should consider the motif a very important part of our branding
tools giving it as much importance as the LibreOffice icon.

The motif is meant to become a central part of our branding, but I don't think it should be handled like the icons.

We could
perhaps give guidelines as to white space suggested around the scatter
so that we are all using it with a certain amount of consistency.

The guidelines Nik provided on the Motif page
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif)
already cover the intended use quite well IMHO.

The motif should be used not only as a whole, but in parts and cut-off, so whitespace rules don't make really sense.

But we should look at it's consistency - and when someone finds out about a usage that might not follow our general branding language, please tell us, so we can try to define better rules.

Best regards

Bernhard