On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 10:45 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> I don't think the gray (white with high transparency?) box at the bottom
> is an improvement. Even though the blue graphic might look "lurid" to
> me, IMO the design looks better overall without the gray box. The larger
> type for the guide name is good, though possibly a tad too large.
>
> Could you make the little graphics available, so I can play around with
> variations to this design myself? No need to upload all the xcf's at
> this point; I can use the Getting Started one as a base.

Absolutely.

Check the writer guide draft once more - if you are still seeing a
rectangle then be sure to clear your cache.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lib0WriterGuideSimple.png

I've put the .xcf file with the last changes and the PNG files I created
for these into a zip file here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:User-guide-covers-bits.zip

Let's see only issue might be fonts, the title is using the M+ 2p Super
Bold font. (Think I got that name right)

Best wishes,

//drew