Hi Isabel!

A warm welcome "from the list" to you. Thanks for joining, and thanks to
both Björn and you to support our project and its users!

Am Montag, den 18.07.2011, 10:48 +0200 schrieb Isabel Menz:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Finally, I managed to sign up to the mailing list.
> I'm Isabel and I'm working with Björn Balazs for Apliki and together
> with him, i will work on the user research for LibreOffice in the next
> months.

That's insanely cool :-)

> I'm currently studying at the TU Berlin, doing my masters in Human
> Factors and already did my bachelor in Psychology. So i'm still new to
> programming and software design, but I'm learning a lot and doing my
> best to get into it as quickly as possible!

... and if we can help here, please feel free to ask. There is always a
chance that others would benefit from such questions - the software
world is something unique, even more unique is FLOSS, and bit bit unique
(on top) is LibreOffice ;-)

> I am happy about every Feedback to our user research surveys. If
> anyone wants to join us in this work, you can just send Björn or me a
> private mail and we will invite you to the platform
> usability-methods.com, where we are implementing the surveys (well,
> its only one yet, actually! But hopefully more soon).

I'd love to help, but besides comments I won't be able to contribute at
the moment. Hmm, wird isn't it? Usually I ask our psychologists at work
if they have hints how I can improve questionnaires and survey design in
general.

Isabel, three question ...

Do you know about the user surveys that have been done at OpenOffice.org
[1]? Some of these surveys and their structure are still online - maybe
helpful to get an idea about their hypothesis and the existing
knowledge. I was - more less than more - part of the team that time.

Since you are a student, is this work related to any university project?
So do these results / methods get published somehow?

Would you (or Björn) feel comfortable to share your efforts with the
rest of the community? I think (community) developers, marketeers, etc.
could learn a lot about the approach.

So, thank you so much for helping us. And if there is anything we can
do ... ping us!

Cheers,
Christoph

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Phase_1