Hi Alex,

2012/3/9 Alexander Wilms <alexander.wi...@zoho.com>

> Hi Mirek,
>
> I am not sure if the same UI could be used for touch interfaces and mouse
> interaction.

Given that both Windows and Gnome, and maybe Android, plan to be usable
with both, it's a goal we should have.

> How would you be able to display the template information when using
> single click? Maybe the Details drop-down should simply be hidden when one
> is using a touch device.

Details could be shown:
* On hover -- within a pane docked to the bottom, a floating tooltip, as a
transparent overlay over the thumbnail, or triggered by a small "i" icon
that would appear on hover over a thumbnail.
* On selection (under the selection mode).

No need for double-click.

> I think I'll merge the edit mode with what you descibed for deleting them.

I'd still prefer if you only had a selection mode. Gnome has put quite a
lot of thought into the Selection mode -- see the "Selections and
Contextual Actions" section of
http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/a-new-approach-to-gnome-application-design,
and it's great.

If you have to have an edit mode, though, please use the standard pencil
icon.

> Also, the 'Show categories' checkbox is only shown when in edit mode. I
> don't know how often that wpould be used, so it might be a better choice to
> put that option in the toolbar, as you said.
>
> Regarding the management of the categories: This would be done in the edit
> mode as well, I just hadn't it added to the mock-up yet. I'll do so now.
>
> I have another question: How should favorites and recently used templates
> be managed?
>
> Have another tab in the notebook widget like this:

> ------------
>
>           [Favorites | Text | Slideshow | spreadsheet]

> Template1  Template2  Template3

Frankly, I wouldn't use a separate tab, simply because a user looking for
his favorite slideshow template won't want to use a tab where document,
spreadsheet, and slideshow templates are mixed together. Instead, I would
have a "Favorites" and a "Recent" category for each filetype, each spanning
a single row.