Hi Mike,

Mike Saunders píše v St 29. 03. 2017 v 13:01 +0200:

> > It seems to be best practice (at least looking at Wikimedia and Mozilla)
> > to combine the "next" button with the choice of payment
> > (https://donate.mozilla.org/en-US/)
> >
> > Could this be done here, too, or can we only pass the amount on to
> > SilverStripe?
>
> I'm not sure about that to be honest -- I know very little about
> SilverStripe.

So there are things I like about the Mozilla's approach, and things I
like about your approach :-)

What I like about the Mozilla's approach is that all the choices are
accumulated at one place, with a clear "press here to get this done".

What I like about your approach is that you pre-select the amount for
the user (Mozilla instead warns you when you press the button without
choosing

If we combine the two, I think we have the ideal workflow here - the
only choice the user has to do is "do I want to pay with a card or with
Paypal"?

So - can you please remove the 2nd screen, and instead:

* use radio buttons One time / Monthly [and maybe Quarterly / Yearly -
  if we really want them there] directly on the 1st screen

    + if we cannot do recurring payments with credit cards, just disable
      the "pay by credit card" button for the non-One-time payments

* the "I'm not a robot" and "Your email address" can easily fit the 1st
  page too I think?

> > Also, can we run Javascript to enable/disable inputs or show Icons –
> > e.g. a blue PayPal logo if PP is availiable for the choosen currency and
> > a grayed out version of the logo, if PP it is not? (just to give an example)
> >
> > I got some rough draft (https://postimg.org/image/5oe3x1ucj/) and the
> > direction depends a bit on above questions.
>
> That looks good! I'm not a web designer so all I know is basic HTML and
> CSS, and our current donate page is rather old so I came up with my
> mockup. (Hence why it's not responsive to different dimensions as well).

I hope that if you just avoid hardcoding dimensions, all should be fine?
But something should be there, on the 2nd page, the "Quarterly" does not
fit the button; and with translations this is going to be even worse.

> If someone wants to take the idea and improve it like in your draft,
> however, that'd be great! It's obviously something we want to get right,
> as it's a big source of income for TDF and the community...

Indeed - so I hope we are going to A/B test the new design to compare
against the old one? :-)

All the best,
Kendy