n 11/24/2016 12:06 PM, mray wrote:

> On 24.11.2016 20:46, Aaron Wolf wrote:
>> SCRIPT2B/
>>
>> The snowdrift dilemma: Whether or not we help, we all benefit from
>> clearing the public road. So, who will do the work?
>
> We actually benefit from a clear road - not from its clearing.

Okay, rewrote to:

"The snowdrift dilemma: Regardless of who clears the snow, we all
benefit. So, who will do the work?"

That's shorter and more precise too. More obvious that the snowdrift is
the thing to clear.

>> This public goods problem can also apply to music, software, movies,
>> news, research, and so on…
>
> You are juggling concepts here, in the midst of all this it is not clear
> at all that you are talking about "public music", "public software", ....
>
> Are you sure there is no time to throw in the word "free" ?

I think "free" without "free/libre/open" is confusing, "free/libre/open"
is jargonny, and "free and open" emphasizes the misinterpretation of
"free" as "gratis".

I think "public music" is true but not needed to be said in a sentence
that already references public goods. We're saying "it CAN apply" and
will say outside of the video that it applies only in the case of true
public music i.e. free/libre/open that is also of the caliber that it
requires serious investment. We can't get into it here. We're just
saying "this is about public goods, and keep in mind these categories of
works"

>> That's why we developed crowdmatching!
>>
>> At Snowdrift.coop, you pledge to donate a little bit for each patron who
>> supports a project with you. We calculate donations monthly based on the
>> numbers of patrons and your budget limit.
>>
>> This way, each donation is matched by the rest of the community, and we
>> build consensus around the most promising projects.
>>
>> Come join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!
>>
>> /SCRIPT2B
>

> looks great. getting curious where and how you choose to emphasize the
> sentences :D

With the updated first line:

SCRIPT2C/

The snowdrift dilemma: Regardless of who clears the snow, we all
benefit. So, who will do the work?

This public goods problem can also apply to music, software, movies,
news, research, and so on…

That's why we developed crowdmatching!

At Snowdrift.coop, you pledge to donate a little bit for each patron who
supports a project with you. We calculate donations monthly based on the
numbers of patrons and your budget limit.

This way, each donation is matched by the rest of the community, and we
build consensus around the most promising projects.

Come join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!

/SCRIPT2C

We can see if others have further feedback, but I think we should
already start storyboarding with this.