Hi All,

I skimmed through the thread and have a few comments based on the most
recent script. Overall, I am happy that we dropped any deep
explaination and most of the snow analogy. Below is my suggestion
followed by the inline comments that built it.

---

SUGGESTION/

When goods such as software, multimedia, and research are released
freely and for altrustic reasons, everyone is able to enjoy and benefit
from them.

But who pays for this content to be developed and sustained?

Snowdrift.coop's revolutionary crowdmatching platform empowers you to
join with others to fund the public goods /you/ want created.

You pledge to donate a tiny amount, with a preset limit, every month,
for each patron who supports a project with you.

Your donation is matched by others in the growing community, building
consensus that directs support to the most promising projects.

Join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!

/SUGGESTION

---

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:56:28 -0500
Stephen Michel <stephen.mic...@tufts.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Michael Siepmann
> <m...@techdesignpsych.com> wrote:
> >

> > SUGGESTION/
> >
> > When music, software, movies, news, research, and so on, are
> > released as
> > public goods, everyone can enjoy them freely, without limitations.

Reduce list, hopefully to three items, e.g. software, multimedia, and
research.

Avoid using the term public goods more than once, and probably not up
front as it is somewhat technical. Maybe use the word altruism.

> > But who will pay for them to be created?

But who pays for this content to be created and sustained?

> > Snowdrift.coop's pioneering crowdmatching platform empowers you to
> > join
> > with others to fund the public goods /you/ want created.

pioneering -> innovative or revolutionary

> > You pledge to donate a tiny amount each month for each patron who
> > supports a project with you, within a budget you control.

each month -> every month

Connect budget with outgoing money, create a list that draws a line
from pocketbook to project.

> > Your donation is matched by the rest of the community, building
> > consensus that directs support to the most promising projects.

the rest of the community -> others in a growing community

> > Join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!

Can "Join us in clearing the path to a free and open future!" be a new
'official' tagline?

I think it sounds rather good.

> Does "clearing the path" still make sense given that we don't mention
snowdrift any more?

I don't want to strip it completely if possible, the novelty is a good
thing.

> > /SUGGESTION

---

Welcome Johannes!

Hope that you can make an upcoming voice chat, Mondays at 20:00 UTC. We
will most likely be using Mumble and an Etherpad.

--
William Hale
aka Salt

Community Director