Hi,

Le samedi 10 janvier 2009 à 21:04 -0500, Martin Meyer a écrit :

> A couple question:
>
> Will the refactoring into library and app (the separation) be ready
> and stable for the 2.28 release?

libbrasero-media which probes for, retrieves information about
drives/media and provides locking,...  will be ready for 2.26. I will
complete the API before the 19th of January (with doc hopefully). The
said API will be quite similar to the one of NCB plus some more
functions needed for some specific advanced task (multisession in
particular, session/track information, CD-TEXT reading). It also
provides an additional widget to select media (not drives) which is more
useful in some situations.
The burning part is still in brasero and needs some more work; it should
be split for 2.28 (if brasero gets included of course). In the mean time
our lastest work on brasero allows it to be quite flexible when spawed
(especially through the use of projects) so at the moment this solution
should cover all the needs. Of course an exposed burning backend will
allow for more things.

> What are the plans for versioning? Will you jump to a 2.28 release, or
> stay with your current version scheme for a while?

I think we would stick to GNOME one which means that 0.9.x would become
2.26.

Regards,

Philippe