On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Felipe Contreras <
felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not being aggressive. All I am asking is for clarification; is
> there *anything* I could do to make the survey more acceptable to you
> guys, or are you opposed to the very idea of having a user survey
> blessed by GNOME?

Your answers sound aggressive to me but I think that's totally
understandable given all the negative feedback.

I gave my feedback. I'd want the survey to be much more detailed. "What do
you think about this menu option on Cheese" seems like it would give more
feedback than "do you like GNOME?" But I do not have time to help come up
with the questions, so I agree with many folks that say you'll have to take
the feedback you've gotten and move forward.

Giving feedback does not mean providing alternatives or working on the
project. It's easy to give feedback. It's much harder and more time
consuming to incorporate that feedback. You asked for feedback, you got
some. If you want those people's approval, then you'll probably have to
incorporate that feedback. If you aren't planning on incorporating it, then
it's probably best to stop insisting that people need to provide
alternatives if they give negative feedback.

Obviously, you don't need everyone's approval to move forward. Rarely does
any project get 100% approval.

How you move forward, how much feedback you want and how you use that
feedback is up to you.

Good luck!

Stormy