2012/7/2 Allan Day <allanp...@gmail.com>

> Jon has been doing some fantastic work on Nautilus recently. It was
> getting very little - if any - developer attention and he has stepped
> up to make dramatic improvements, including addressing long-standing
> complaints. I'm really excited about the next release of Nautilus
> thanks to his work; instead of having no movement whatsoever, we are
> going to have lots of great improvements to talk about.

Are you sure? Many basic and long standing nautilus features was removed in
the last weeks. I wonder what people inside and outside GNOME will say when
they will see, for example, those changes:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=ef467c8775392d0f0feb0e38f7a80f2d41719d84
http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=b8d5b4a7bcf47ed34a6343c95bcc3b079255c0a0
http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=331860440c50a979bcbeafa401d48490c758db5a

IMHO cheering the new streamlined nautilus _after_ all unwanted feature
will be removed is not a smart marketing strategy. I fear you can't simply
say "the new nautilus is great, our developers did a great works" and hope
nobody (community members, users, bloggers, journalists and so on) will
complain.

Moreover as a GNOME community member I would prefer to know the reasons of
major changes happening in GNOME (I repeat, major: and if you sum up all
small removal happened in nautilus you'll have a huge change between 3.4
and 3.6) for a simple and trivial reasons: when people know I'm a GNOME
member, then ask me "why GNOME did this? and that? why I can't do this
anymore?". Simply replying "by design" is alienating to me :/