2013/11/21 Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3...@gmail.com>

> On 21 November 2013 15:48, Andrea Veri <a...@gnome.org> wrote:
> > 2. projects.gnome.org's migration to wiki.gnome.org.
> >
> > The projects.gnome.org website is currently being migrated to the
> following
> > places:
> >
> > GNOME Apps: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps
> > GNOME Projects: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects
> >
> > Both pages are currently under construction. Maintainers and developers
> will
> > now be able to modify their app / project page without the need of a git
> > account
>
> Don't all maintainers have to have a git account anyway? :)

Not necessarily, someone might just be a random contributor that spots an
error on the documentation and wants to fix it right away. Honestly
speaking I'm loving this new look, pages are more readable now, with a new
design, easier to maintain and modify by everyone having a Wiki account.
Have you ever cloned the gnomeweb-wml repository yourself? It's around 600M
in size :-)

> > and most of all without the need to clone an huge repo like
> > gnomeweb-wml. All these without losing some of the benefits of Git like
> the
> > history of previous changes and a diff between the various page changes
> > themselves.
>
> When you document how to lock down individual pages to prevent random
> people from from editing them, please send the link to the mailing
> lists as it is moderately complicated if one has not done it before.

Sure, that can be done this way:

1. Create a page with the following syntax: 'SysadminGroup'
2. add a list of wiki usernames like https://wiki.gnome.org/SysadminGroup
3. add the ACL at the beginning of the wiki page you want to lock down:

#acl WikiPageName/SysadminGroup:read,write,delete,admin,revert All:read

Have an awesome day!

--
Cheers,

Andrea