Hello Baptiste,

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 12:00 -0500, Baptiste Saleil wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> File roller extract my archives in current directory by double click
> since 3.22
> Is this a bug or a feature ?
>
> If it's a feature, is there a bug report or discussion I can track to
> understand why devs choose to make this change ?

It's not file-roller but nautilus, and the feature has been mentioned
in various blog posts, including this recap for GNOME 3.22:
https://csorianognome.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/nautilus-3-22-news-changes/

> IMHO, this is one of the most stupid features which is again probably
> copied from the full-of-stupid-features MacOS.

What exactly do you expect this sort of comment to achieve?

> I mean, if you really want to extract an archive in the current
> directory, there is the "Extract here" context menu entry, and it's
> literaly the same amount of clicks.

Looks like you have mismatched versions of file-roller and nautilus
though, because those 2 aren't supposed to appear at the same time.

Please make sure you've read the various blog posts and design wiki
pages before commenting further, especially using that kind of
language.

Cheers