---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Baptiste Saleil <baptiste.sal...@gmail.com>
Date: 2016-11-12 12:28 GMT-05:00
Subject: Re: File roller extracting with double click, bug/feature ?
To: Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net>

> Hello Baptiste,
>
> On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 12:00 -0500, Baptiste Saleil wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > File roller extract my archives in current directory by double click
> > since 3.22
> > Is this a bug or a feature ?
> >
> > If it's a feature, is there a bug report or discussion I can track to
> > understand why devs choose to make this change ?
>
> It's not file-roller but nautilus, and the feature has been mentioned
> in various blog posts, including this recap for GNOME 3.22:
> https://csorianognome.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/nautilus-3-22-news-changes/
>
> > IMHO, this is one of the most stupid features which is again probably
> > copied from the full-of-stupid-features MacOS.
>
> What exactly do you expect this sort of comment to achieve?

Just giving my opinion, "IMHO" states that it's only *my* opinion, and I
didn't and will never say that it's a universal opinion.

> > I mean, if you really want to extract an archive in the current
> > directory, there is the "Extract here" context menu entry, and it's
> > literaly the same amount of clicks.
>
> Looks like you have mismatched versions of file-roller and nautilus
> though, because those 2 aren't supposed to appear at the same time.
>
> Please make sure you've read the various blog posts and design wiki
> pages before commenting further, especially using that kind of
> language.

Yes actually that's why I'm posting here, just to have some pointers to bug
reports/wiki pages to understand your choices and read probably existing
debate on this feature.
Thanks.