The output is:
> tracking:     latest/edge

Exactly, I had the impression that some interactive websites with
animations ran particularly slow and the CPU fan began to become very
noisy. htop revealed the CPU's load of nearly 100% due to the chromium
processes. This was the reason that I have tried to retrieve the same
websites on the Firefox browser (always with the official snap and
Wayland as a compositing manager) where I hadn't any difficulty at all.
So I have checked the chrome://gpu's output and noticed the cause.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2055040

Title:
  Software rendering under Wayland mode

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Under Wayland on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, If I launch Chromium with the
  --ozone-platform-hint=wayland or --ozone-platform-hint=auto (as
  specified in the snap's starter script), the browser always ends up
  into slow SW rendering.

  When omitting the parameter or setting it to "X11", HW rendering gets
  correctly detected and activated.

  The platform consists of a Dell XPS 13 9360 with an Intel HD Graphics
  620 chip running Mesa 23.2.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/2055040/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to