1. Confirmed.

2. I am not able to respond to this question since I have started to use
the experimental snap for a while now. The intention was to get the
smartcards over OpenSC to work as stated here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1967632/comments/57

3. Done, please have a look at the attachment.

** Attachment added: "chr.log"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/2055040/+attachment/5749490/+files/chr.log

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2055040

Title:
  Software rendering under Wayland mode

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Under Wayland on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, If I launch Chromium (edge channel)
  with the --ozone-platform-hint=wayland or --ozone-platform-hint=auto
  (as specified in the snap's starter script), the browser always ends
  up into slow SW rendering.

  When omitting the parameter or setting it to "X11", HW rendering gets
  correctly detected and activated.

  The platform consists of a Dell XPS 13 9360 with an Intel HD Graphics
  620 chip running Mesa 23.2.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/2055040/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to