outdated

** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  Better error message when offline

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10 (32-bit desktop CD) on my
  laptop. Hardware drivers manager told me that maybe I should use some
  proprietary drivers. It gave me 2 possible drivers. I selected the
  recommend one and hit Enable driver -button. Something flashed quickly
  on the screen. But then nothing seemed to have happened and there was
  no change on the hardware drivers manager dialog.

  I tried hitting Enable driver again. No good, nothing happened.

  I was offline during this (and the whole installation, never
  connected). Maybe it failed to get the driver? In any case there
  should be some clear message for the user!!! Nothing just happened,
  not quite professional :(