Thanks for the update, B3nmore. I will close the report now.
Take care and have a great day
:)

Closed per reporter’s feedback; not a bug anymore.

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Retention policy "Delete all but the most recent xx messages" deletes
  most recent messages.

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  I'm using thunderbird 3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu4 on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
  x86_64 machine as feed reader. For some feeds I would like to use the
  retention policy "Delete all but the most recent xx messages". Setting
  xx to let's say ten, causes thunderbird to delete all but ten messages
  in a feed folder. But the remaining messages are not the most recent
  ones but some in the middle of the time line.

  Get the same behavior for icedove 3.0.5 on debian unstable.