Hello Martijn,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with hplip.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and hplip have been updated since
then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 395516
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and hplip better.

---
Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  Toner levels are available, but not reported to CUPS

Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: hplip

  I have a HP CP1515n printer, and the toner levels can be read using
  the hplip tools.

  I was expecting the toner info to be exported though the "normal" CUPS
  gui (system-config-printer -> properties -> Ink/toner levels) as well,
  but that property page only shows "Marker levels are not reported for
  this printer".

  Please make it so marker levels are reported through the standard CUPS
  gui.