Hi, guys,

I want to add some background informtion of OSS activities in Asia,
especially, in CJK (China, Japan, Korea).

4 years ago, CJK (China, Japan, and Korea) has made CJK OSS Promotion Forum
to promote OSS in our countires. At that time, each country has also made its own
national OSS Promotion Forum, which has been participating in CJK OSS Promotion Forum as substance.

The latest CJK OSS Promotion Forum had the 4th meeting last April, in Beijing.
One of main issues was to establish two Sub-WGs (server and desktop) in WG1.
We've just started Desktop Sub-WG to collaborate 3 countries' effort and work together
in order to resolve common problems for OSS-adoption in Asian market.

We, Desktop Sub-WG's contact persons of CJK, had a preliminary meeting to discuss
a blueprint of Desktop Sub-WG, and prepare the 1st meeting August, in Seoul.

That is a brief history of overall CJK OSS promotion activities on desktop area.

I hope this debate to be a good chance to find a clue to motivate asian developers
to actively participate OSS community.

--
Chang-Won AHN ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

WG1, Desktop Sub-WorkGroup
CJK OSS Promotion Forum

"When minds interact, new ideas will emerge !!"
"In essentials unity, In non-essentials liberty, In all things charity."