On 6/12/06, Bryce Harrington < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Chang-Won,

Thanks for giving this update on the sub-working group activities.  In
these activities, have you discussed including open source developers
in your region that might not otherwise be involved in dtl?

So to your question about how to motivate more asian developers to
participate, I wonder if a similar approach would give similar benefits.
For example, locate some existing open source developers working in your
region and invite them to come together to discuss common issues - such
as better collaboration with developers in other regions.  Then they
could help identify ideas for solving those issues, and perhaps
establish a plan for fixing them.  I would love to hear if you think an
approach like the one we took, could work as well for solving this
different problem?

Bryce

Yes, we've been trying to motivate local developers to participate
open source projects and/or to make our own with a similar apporach,
which, you are saying, is proven effective in most cases.

I also hope this apporach to work well and to see a successful local
open source community.
Some of China, Japan and Korea have started to discuss how to do it.
We are going to share emerging issues and results for solving these challenges.

Regards, (Enjoy the Worldcup!!)

Chang-Won ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
--

"When minds interact, new ideas will emerge !!"
"In essentials unity, In non-essentials liberty, In all things charity."