Do we know what this means for the gp devices like keon and peak? Also, looking into the future, peak+ ?

Axel

On 8/27/13 7:53 PM, Faramarz Rashed wrote:
1.2 release does not have a "single" device to develop for.  plain and simple.
if...

•  you're working on JB version of android your best bet is a nexus 4.  but
only a few people are in that camp and they already have a device.  so talk to
your manager if you really really need one.

•  if your work is based off of 1.1HD -- meaning you're in need of a WVGA
device -- then the helix device is your best bet.  again, you probably have one
and if you don't, we'll try our best to get you one so you don't have to go the
funny route of mucking with a nexus 4 to get it there.

•  otherwise, you're still developing on either a TCL or a ZTE device.  our
taipei team is working with these vendors to get us the latest ICS strawberry
update for these phones.  why?  because the previous versions (which are on our
unagi as well) don't play well with WebGL and we have no choice but to move to
ICS strawberry.  that's why the unagi is getting deprecated anyway.

•  last but not least, QA should have a few devices of each of what's mentioned
above.  that's cause they have to test for all the different combos (a
difficult task).  so don't steal from them unless if you talk to tony and have
his okay.

i know this is less than ideal, but for the time being it's what we have to do
until things get cleared up.

thanks!
faramarz