On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Faramarz Rashed <fras...@mozilla.com>wrote:

> •  you're working on JB version of android your best bet is a nexus 4.
>  but only a few people are in that camp and they already have a device.  so
> talk to your manager if you really really need one.

Note that the Nexus 4 just got a $100 price cut.

The good news is that makes it a cheaper development device for us. The bad
news is that probably means Google is running down stock in preparation for
the Nexus 5 so they may soon become scarce.

> •  if your work is based off of 1.1HD -- meaning you're in need of a WVGA
> device -- then the helix device is your best bet.  again, you probably have
> one and if you don't, we'll try our best to get you one so you don't have
> to go the funny route of mucking with a nexus 4 to get it there.

Who should have a Helix device? As far as I know there's a team in Taipei
doing all the 1.1HD work, but I regularly get asked for code reviews on
patches I can't test.

> •  otherwise, you're still developing on either a TCL or a ZTE device.
>  our taipei team is working with these vendors to get us the latest ICS
> strawberry update for these phones.  why?  because the previous versions
> (which are on our unagi as well) don't play well with WebGL and we have no
> choice but to move to ICS strawberry.  that's why the unagi is getting
> deprecated anyway.

Which ZTE device? If Otoro and Unagi are deprecated then I guess that means
Inari? (I don't have a TCL device.)

It was mentioned in the weekly Gaia meeting that lots of our contractors
have Unagis and weren't aware of this change, will we providing them with
replacements? Perhaps ZTE Open?

Ben