All I have on the phone now is the Android Recovery Utility and any attempt to
update fails with verification errors.

Can I root the phone now? I don't believe so as there is no os ?

On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:31:21 PM UTC+1, Ernie Powell wrote:

I bricked my ZTE Open using the following website http://firefox.ztems.com/ ,
apparently it's the "official ZTE Firefox OS Update Website", but all I managed
to do was install B2G from March 2013 using it.

>From here the device booted, but the Firefox OS Recovery Utility was replaced
>with Android Recovery Utility, and all Verification failed.

Had to then root the device and install CWM recovery using adb
http://pof.eslack.org/2013/07/05/zte-open-firefoxos-phone-root-and-first-impressions/
 , and then I could flash the ZTE Devices update by removing 3 lines from the
updater script regarding assert.

the 3 lines are:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "roamer2" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "roamer2");
assert(getprop_new("ro.build.display.id") == "OPEN_EU_DEV_FFOS");

I then self built v1.2 and was able to replace the cwm and the root with
Firefox OS Recovery Utility, allowing me to get back to stock Firefox OS 1.0.0