In contrast to the geeksphone builds, in my build /etc/ contains not only
vold.fstab but also vold.fat.fstab, vold.emmc.fstab and vold.origin.fstab.
Also Vold doesn't load /etc/vold.fstab but /etc/vold.fstab. So I removed
vold.fstab, vold.emmc.fstab and vold.fat.fstab and replaced
vold.origin.fstab with

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 18 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/mmc0

> dev_mount emmc /mnt/emmc auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host

and now I get the right storages and the rescanning of the media apps seems
to work. But I still can't record videos.
When I tap the record button, it switches to recording mode, a file gets
created and then a alert dialog opens with only a single dot. After closing
the dialog the UI returns to "not recording".

-- Jovan