On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM, John Hu <j...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> How about packaged app? If they are pre-installed app, we may know their URL
> to fill in "scope" and "open-in-app". But if they are downloaded from
> marketplace, the URL of them are all UUIDs.

I think the main use case for "scope" for a packaged app is going to
be to declare that the "scope" is all URLs inside the package. That
can be done by simply doing

{
  "scope": "/*"
}

Or by simply leaving out the scope entirely, since it defaults to the
origin of the manifest, which is the app://uuid/.

As things stand right now a packaged app could enumerate any normal
http website as part of "open-in-app". But they couldn't enumerate
other packaged apps since you couldn't know the URL of the other
packaged apps on the user's device.

However once we implement the changes that I described in the "Future
of packaged apps" thread, this changes a lot.

How exactly remains to be seen I think since there's still some
details there to figure out.

/ Jonas