On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM, James Burke <jrbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>

>> High-level overview of proposed solution:
>>
>> Add two fields to the application manifest:
>> {
>>   "name": "AwesomeGame",
>>   "scope": ["http://awesomegame.com/*";],
>>   "open-in-app": ["http://awesomegamehelper.com/*";]
>> }
>

> 1) What is the scope setting if I do not want outside apps to deep link,
> because I want a separate cookie jar/db space as an app vs plain browser web
> navigation, `scope: []`?

You will always get a separate cookie jar/db space. Just like today.

The only difference is that if someone attempts to open a URL which
"belongs" to your app, we will automatically open your app and open
said URL there.

Just like if the user used the rocketbar to open a URL that belongs to your app.

> The use case is a site that has app-like functionality for offline, but has
> product pages that are not tied to that app, and the app does not know how
> to navigate to them on its own. And both the app and the site are from the
> same domain, because that is the well known identifier for users.

Sorry, I don't understand this.

> 2) What is the open-in-app setting if I want to open all links triggered
> from my app to open inside my app, `open-in-app: ["*"]`?
>
> The use case is something like Yelp, that wants to perhaps track which
> restaurant pages are visited, and keep quick links back to the restaurant
> review page visible while that navigation occurs.

Yelp can still use an onclick handler to track which links are being clicked.

And if you want to render a "quick link" back to the restaurant review
page, you can always simply render the website using an <iframe> or a
mozbrowser.

/ Jonas