Nicholas Nethercote wrote:

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Justin Lebar <justin.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
1) Build errors are hard to identify with make. Parallel execution can make
them even harder to track down. Poor output from invoked processes is also a
problem.
I have a script [1] which works well enough for my purposes in the normal
Mozilla build (I haven't tried it with mach).  It highlights stderr in red and
summarizes all the errors after make finishes so you don't have to go searching
for them.
I redirect output to a file and then search for the first "error:" string, but
I'm kind of low-tech like that.
I run a parallel make, then if that fails I run a serial make in the deepest folder that I can identify (not always easy with parallel make, but better than doing a top-level serial make). If there are too many errors to deal with then (except on Windows) I run make from inside vim.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.