On 12/31/12 4:26 PM, Bobby Holley wrote:
Well, if we're talking about JS-implemented WebAPIs, then that stuff should
be running as chrome, potentially in the content process (unless I'm
mistaken - I'm still a bit behind on all the b2g architecture). If we're
talking about web apps, then they're supposed to be regular old web
content, and we shouldn't do anything special for them in Gecko. Doing so
undermines our position that these apps are open and portable.

We're talking about the b2g UI. And I'm not talking theoretically; it's using instanceof on HTML elements right now. So either we change that code, or we make those instanceof checks work or something.

I'd think the arguments should be based on improving the HTML5 developer
experience

Yes, of course. As I said, this has come up multiple times in the past, precisely on those grounds.

-Boris