On 1/31/2013 9:14 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:

Given the headaches PGO has caused and will likely continue to cause, I
believe KISS applies and it is up to PGO advocates to justify the
continued use of PGO with data showing a clear benefit.

My reading of Ehsan's summary is that there is no significant *user*
benefit (read: perf win) of PGO.

If there is no *user* benefit, then the only data that remains to
justify PGO are the benchmark results.

Therefore, I believe we should disable PGO unless there is a convincing
argument for the benchmark results that sufficiently offsets the pain
PGO inflicts. Is there?

We should also remind that there would be an infra load win from disabling Windows PGO builds.