On Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:14:01 AM UTC-6, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> My reading of Ehsan's summary is that there is no significant *user*
> benefit (read: perf win) of PGO.
>
> If there is no *user* benefit, then the only data that remains to
> justify PGO are the benchmark results.
>
> Therefore, I believe we should disable PGO unless there is a convincing
> argument for the benchmark results that sufficiently offsets the pain
> PGO inflicts. Is there?

http://graphs.mozilla.org/graph.html#tests=[[83,94,12],[83,1,12]]&sel=none&displayrange=365&datatype=running

Ts, Paint shows an improvement of 14%. This is with Firefox and
Firefox-Non-PGO, which I believe to be mc. Also while I can't seem to find it
on pertastic, Tresize appears to enjoy a 9% improvement with pgo on mc.