On Feb 21, 2013 3:12 PM, "Robert O&apos;Callahan" <rob...@ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Anthony Jones <ajo...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> > We really have to choices:
> > A. Provide an API that allows applications to specify whether they are
> > type 1 or type 2. It could be implicitly done by including a mouse event
> > history array.
> > B. Automatically prevent flooding (as per roc's suggestion)
> > C. Both of the above.
> >
> > Option A fixes most cases but adds more complexity to the API (although
> > not much). Poorly written applications or slow systems may still end up
> > flooding.
> >
> > Option B will mostly fix the problem but will waste CPU cycles if your
> > application is type 1.
> >

> We pretty much have to do something automatic, so I think we do B, and
then
> if and when it's worthwhile, A.

Well, my proposal was to default all pages to type 1, and only send them
mouse events at 60 frames per second.

And then let them opt in to being type 2.

This should be fine since I strongly suspect that type 1 is the by far more
common case and is also what chrome does.

In this case just doing A would be enough, no?

Though I guess even then we might need to do the anti-flooding thing for
websites that opt in to being type 2?

/ Jonas